A Message Board, Guestbook, or Poll hosted for your website.
Elmer Keith Forums

Register Login New Posts

Elmer Keith Memorial Shoot > Forums > Lounge > Keith Pipe For Sale

Username:  
Password:  

Author Comment

SafarisAfrica

Wildcat

09/25/09 at 03:36 PMReply with quote#1

Copied from Smith & Wesson Forum

This is a very unusual item and definitely for the advanced Elmer Keith collector.
A friend of mine ask me to list a pipe that he got from Elmer Keith in 1972. He frequently corresponded with Elmer. One day, he ask Elmer if he would send him a used pipe and, Elmer did. The pipe is a Medico #77 VFQ pipe made of imported briar. He told me he did not clean it so, there are remnants of tobacco and probably, Elmer's DNA is on the pipe stem.
I have no idea as to the value but, he ask me to put it up for $450.00 shipped and insured. It may be a high price but, where can you find another in the box as shipped directly from Elmer Keith. Thanks for looking.                                                                                        

Attached Thumbnails                                        
                                        FS: Authentic ELMER KEITH PIPE with DNA..Florida-img_6813.jpg   FS: Authentic ELMER KEITH PIPE with DNA..Florida-img_6814.jpg   FS: Authentic ELMER KEITH PIPE with DNA..Florida-img_6815.jpg                                          

http://www.safarisafrica-zimbabwe.com
ChrisO

09/27/09 at 12:49 PMReply with quote#2

Hi Len,
Thanks for the post !    It brought back memories of me smoking a pipe sitting on the small front porch of the apt building where me & my Wife lived when we first got married back in 1983.  I'd sit out there with my cheap corn-cob pipe full of that sweet cherry tobacco and puff away.  Smelled & Tasted good !    But what a GOOF-BALL I must have looked like !    How she has stayed married to me after all these years of my weird fads & habits I'll never know !!!!!

Take Care !
Chris
gunsmith

Wildcat

10/22/09 at 01:58 PMReply with quote#3

Now there is something to have Cloned. Elmer rises from the dead. We need to get info on how to get someone to clone Elmer, and all pitch in for the cash. Probably enough DNA to make several. Just a thought.
I don't think the world could handle another Elmer these days. Too much bull s--t. Not enough handbaskets.

Wildcat

04/07/10 at 03:28 PMReply with quote#4

Is the pipe still for sale? I have been looking for one like it, and have come up short.
How much do you want for it?

Wildcat

04/08/10 at 04:22 AMReply with quote#5

I have no idea what happened with it as I said in my 1st post I copied the post from a Smith & Wesson Forum

albroswift

04/09/10 at 09:07 PMReply with quote#6

We are still trying to clone Elmer from the finger prints off the round you sent us last year...

Wildcat

04/12/10 at 11:40 AMReply with quote#7

Just be careful I don't want someone looking like me!

Previous Thread | Next Thread

Bookmarks  
Digg Diggdel.icio.us del.icio.usStumbleUpon StumbleUponGoogle Google