A Message Board, Guestbook, or Poll hosted for your website.
Elmer Keith Forums

Register Login New Posts

Elmer Keith Memorial Shoot > Forums > Open Topic > One gun

Username:  
Password:  

Author Comment

Denny
Straight Shooter

03/31/09 at 10:25 AMReply with quote#1

I read in Skeeter's book about asking Dobe if he could only have one gun.  So just for something to think about.  You have time to grab one gun before you hit the road due to any number of things weather, civil unrest etc.

What gun would you grab to take with you.  Also why you would chose that one.  Yes I love handguns so mine would be my 4" 629.  I personally feel the 44 magnum can be suited to just about anythng.  I have other calibers but this would probably be mine.

Contact using MSN

03/31/09 at 08:43 PMReply with quote#2

Hi Denny
A 44 sounds like a good pick but I might just take my Glock 23 (40) because I also have a 22 top end for it and a brick of 22 don't weigh that much.
ace

Wildcat

04/01/09 at 05:20 AMReply with quote#3

It depends on the circumstances and the amount of ammo I had for a given gun. Short of concealment you can do a lot more with a rifle than a handgun. Civil unrest I would keep my Les Baer AR it was set up as a short truck gun for hunting coyotes etc out west.

Len

http://www.safarisafrica-zimbabwe.com
albroswift

04/01/09 at 06:56 AMReply with quote#4

I've been on the lookout for a Polytech AK underfolder. IMAO that would be it.

Wildcat

04/04/09 at 06:49 PMReply with quote#5

Under the conditions you list my one gun would be my Colt series 70 Gold Cup along with a Colt 22 conversion kit and a Pachmyer 30-30 single shot conversion kit that I bought from them  many years ago . Everything fits nicely into a small carryall.....How much is enough ammo in a situation like this??? All you have on hand....

04/06/09 at 02:58 PMReply with quote#6

HI,  I also like the AK. Mine is the common GP-WASR 10.  I would grab all 15 of my 30 round mags & my 2-75 round drums, all loaded of course and all the other ammo me, my Wife and son could carry. and boy would we get movin !

Southernman
Wildcat

05/09/09 at 01:15 AMReply with quote#7

If I lived in a place where I might run into more than one or two threats at a time I would pick my H&K 93 and the 10 mags I have for it loaded.
But, walking out my front door I would carry a Blackhawk .357 with an extra 9mm cylinder.
Then I would have a chance to find 3 of the most popular kinds of handgun ammo .38 spcl. .357 mag and 9mm.  
Southern Man
Previous Thread | Next Thread

Bookmarks  
Digg Diggdel.icio.us del.icio.usStumbleUpon StumbleUponGoogle Google